APPG Migration – Extraordinary General Meeting
Monday 17 January 2022, 4:30 -5.30pm
Held virtually over Zoom
Chair for EGM: the Rt Rev. the Lord Bishop of Durham Paul Butler
Parliamentarians in attendance:
- Neil Coyle, MP
- Lord Bishop Paul Butler
- Baroness Ruth Lister
- Olivia Blake MP
- Lord Alf Dubs
- David Simmonds MP
- Tim Farron MP
- Kate Green MP
- Baroness Sally Hamwee
- Baroness Sarah Ludford
- Bishop Paul Butler welcomed the APPG’s new members, Olivia Blake MP, Baroness Stroud, and Baroness Mobarik, and thanked Steve Double MP, who is stepping down as Vice Chair, for his services to the APPG.
- Bishop Paul Butler stated that the purpose of the meeting was to formally elect Olivia Blake as the APPG Vice Chair, as previously discussed by Officers, given that she received multiple nominations, as well as to discuss the APPG’s past activity and future priorities.
- Olivia Blake MP, also present at the meeting, introduced herself to the other members.
- Bishop Paul Butler nominated Olivia Blake MP for election as Vice-Chair and asked for the votes of those present via a show of hands. Neil Coyle MP, Bishop Paul Butler, Baroness Ruth Lister and Lord Alf Dubs all voted in favour.
- Bishop Paul Butler reminded members that the APPG also received notice of support for Olivia Blake’s election from Tim Farron electronically, as he could not be present due to transport delays.
- Bishop Paul Butler announced that Olivia Blake was elected as a new Vice-Chair of the APPG on Migration.
- APPG members discussed possible suggestions for another Conservative Officer to replace Steve Double and preserve the group’s political balance.
The EGM was followed by a review of the APPG’s past activity and a discussion of proposed strategic areas of activity for the next 6 months among parliamentarians and the staff of the secretariat.
The Chair subsequently thanked attendees and the RAMP team for their work behind the scenes, and concluded the meeting. See here for more details of the APPG EGM + Planning meeting – Minutes.