Extraordinary General Meeting – Monday 5th October 2020, 16.00-16.30pm
Held virtually over Zoom
Chair for EGM: Kate Green MP
Parliamentarians in attendance:
- Virendra Sharma MP
- Steve Double MP
- Kate Green MP
- Afzal Khan MP
- David Simmonds MP
- Holly Lynch MP
- Stuart McDonald MP
- Paul Blomfield MP
- Tim Farron MP
- Lord Teverson
- Bishop Paul Butler
- Baroness Hamwee
- Baroness Lister
- Neil Coyle MP
- Caroline Lucas MP
- Lord Crisp
- Heather Staff from the secretariat, RAMP Project, thanked Kate Green MP for her work as chair.
- Kate Green MP acknowledged that the meeting was quorate and invited nominations for all roles.
- Afzal Khan MP proposed David Simmonds MP as Chair, Virendra Sharma MP seconded this.
- Kate Green MP and Steve Double MP proposed Neil Coyle MP as secretary, Afzal Khan seconded this.
- Motion to elect the following as Chair of the APPG: David Simmonds MP – unanimously supported.
- Motion to elect the following as Secretary of the APPG: Neil Coyle – unanimously supported.
- David Simmonds MP thanked Kate Green MP for her work with the APPG. He spoke about the contribution of this APPG and other helpful work being done in parliament on migration topics.
The EGM was followed by a discussion of proposed activities for the next 6 months among parliamentarians and the staff of the secretariat.
David Simmonds MP thanked attendees and the RAMP team for their work behind the scenes and brought the meeting to a close.