On Tuesday the 9th of May the APPG on Migration held a private roundtable discussion for parliamentarians on the topic of migration from Albania.
- Sir Stephen Timms MP
- Jenniffer Dew – Project Coordinator at IOM
- Andrea Als – Director and Solicitor at Vialoto Partners
- Esme Madill – Refugee Campaigner at the Shpresa programme
- Edlira Cepani – National Coordinator ‘equality in decision making’ at The Women’s Network
- Dr Eda Gemi – Associate Professor of law at the University of New York Tirana.
Parliamentarians were briefed on a wide range of issues relating to migration from Albania to the UK including economic migration patterns and rules; the protection of victims of trafficking, asylum grant rates, and wider migration trends. The discussion brought together policy and academic experts, as well as those with lived experiences, helping parliamentarians to gain a deeper understanding of a complex issue at the forefront of the political agenda.